Honoring West TN Veterans.
This State of Tennessee (STREAM) funded project was designed for the Tennessee Department of Veterans Services, in conformance with the National Cemetery Administration design guidelines. The 132 acre site was development to serve rural West TN Veterans between Nashville and Memphis. The development of this first 15-acres included the burial sites, made up of 1300 in-ground burial crypts, 450 in-ground cremation burial plots, 369 columbarium nitches, an Administrative and maintenance office building and Committal Shelter.
Features of the site include a main entrance gate, leading through an avenue of flags that is utilized for special events on the grounds. The administrative building includes a storage and maintenance area for the 12 employees that maintain the daily operations of the facility. The site includes a circular drive that encompasses the first phase burial area and a centrally located assembly area, leading to the committal shelter at the rear of the property where funeral services are conducted. The committal shelter is flanked on each side and rear by a 1-acre pond with fountains, to add serenity and serve as the source of irrigation water for the entire site. The project included Master Planning of the entire property for the full 220-year life of the cemetery.